Image Map

Monday, June 25, 2012

Drunk on you

It's 1:43 pm currently.... and I am work free!
The boys had a playdate today. Which means, I can enjoy the following....


Oh yes. Skinnygirl pina colada, blogging from the deck, & some snooki.
And yes, Casanova is joining me....


I'd say I'm a pretty lucky duck.
Speaking of lucky ducks... Hello to my new followers! I'm so excited!!
All weekend I've logged on to see the number grow and it's just made my insides all kinds of mushy.

This weekend was pretty uneventful.
Actually, I shouldn't say that.
This weekend I fell in love.
With my fiance.
All over again.
Swoon. 
I haven't stopped smiling & I'm counting down the hours until I can see him again. 28.
First things first: Miss "I-don't-work-out-ever", got her butt outta bed and off to the gym at 7:15 am Saturday. No joke. I couldn't believe it. E couldn't believe it. My MOM couldn't believe it.
It felt GOOD! I had an extra pep in my step & was completely ready to start the day!
We headed out west to his parent's farm to spend the weekend there.
His cousin that is getting married a month before us had her shower Saturday afternoon.
Afterwards, we headed back to his parents and grilled out for the night.
E made Ribeyes, corn on the cob, potato salad, & fresh watermelon.
I was in heaven!
But after dinner was when my heart melted & all the butterflies that have been missing the past month or so came roaring back.
E suggested we take a 4 wheeler ride. To which I replied, "I have nothing to wear."
Well, that's not true, I didn't have "ATV appropriate attire."
So... in yoga pants, a sweatshirt of his mom's, a pair of E's socks, and E's shoes... off we went.
I really wish I would have taken a picture. He couldn't stop laughing.
I looked quite redic.
E wears a size 11.5 shoe. I wear a size 5 on a good day. Good thing I didn't have to move my feet!
Off we went... on the most romantic 4wheeler ride you could possibly take.
Just the two of us.
Sunset.
Holding on to one another.
I loved every single second of it.
By the time we got back, I tried my hardest to get E to stay up until 10 o'clock... which didn't quite work.
But you know what we did do?
We spent close to 45 minutes just making out.
Seriously think about this peoples. When is the last time you just "made out" with your sig other, hubby, partner, etc?
For some, they think it's a "high school" thing. And others, like us, it just goes to the wayside.
Quick kisses are given between comings & goings, quick kisses good morning & goodnight.
I couldn't have been happier.

Tomorrow is our 1 year engagement anniversary.
And ohhhh yes, I will be making a huge deal out of this.
I'm in charge of finding a place for dinner, which is how the rest of my afternoon will be spent.
With my pina colada.
Happy Monday folks :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo