Man oh man, do I love the CMT awards.
Seriously. It's so relaxed, so fun, and one of the only country award shows that actually sounds good.
I have to say, all pictures are from Google or People.com. And all videos are from YouTube.
So, without further ado.... my thoughts & commentary & picture overload. Kinda.
First up, Toby Keith & K.Bell as hosts? Yes please. How funny was their opening? And love love love that they came out in a "red solo cup."
They were good together. I just think Miss Bell is so darn cute. And I love me some Toby. He's one artist I have every single CD of, I just haven't been able to see him in concert yet. So, anytime you wanna head this way Toby.. I'm good with that!
You know what else made me laugh?
This moment.
Brad Paisley is, in my opinion, one of the best country artists in the past few decades.
And Carrie Underwood. No words needed. As E puts it, "She's hot." Amen.
It's not the official video, but the song... is so...freakin'.... sexy.
True story. I bought this CD last August when it came out. In all honesty, when I get a CD I normally don't listen to it 100% [ unless it's Britney, bish.] But, E loved it. And he became obsessed with "Drunk on you." So, while this song has been playing in our household since last September, it gives it a re-newed sexiness when LB preforms it.
^ See?
Anyways.... back to the awards...
~ Lauren Alaina looked amazeballs!! I knew she lost weight, but holy cow girl! You look GOOD, especially with that hair chop. Holllla!
~ ZBB with yet another toe-tappin' summer hit. Just sayin'.
~ Super excited Scotty won the Breakthough award! That is one fella that I actually voted for on Idol. And after seeing him in concert in February, that man is on his way. Truth.
~ Followed with Casey James. Story time: My cat loves CJ. When he was on Idol, my cat would legit stop in the living room and look up at the tv when he preformed. And if I had a pic... [insert here.]
~ Jana Kramer, so I love that song, but I swear this chick was on One Tree Hill. Or I could totally be making that up......
~ The Band Perry.... thumbs down. The song, is cute. However, after seeing them live, I can't be a fan. That song live, I couldn't understand a word of. And while they did a good job of gettin' the crowd hyped, everything came out mumbled. Just not diggin' them.
~ Whaddya know...another Idol alum as Jordin Sparks presents.
~ This man, deserves everything he wins at this point. He has more then put in his time and his music is loved by almost everyone. I was clapping big time as he won Performance for "Tattoos on this town." It only reminded me further I need to go buy his CD, like yesterday.
~ Pickles! Another Idol spotting.
~ Country ABBA! I haven't been much of a fan in the past, but I really am diggin' their new single, "Pontoon." It's the perfect little summer diddy that's been stuck in my head for the past few weeks.
~ Thompson Square... HOLLLLLA. Huge fan. Huge, Huge fan. This number is part of our wedding... shhhhh!
~ Did anyone else die laughing at the irony of Willie's new song, "Roll me up and smoke me when I die?" No... just me... okay....
~ Not a Chesney fan, at all. I liked him in his "before my ego got big" days. Though I will admit every once in awhile he has a song that really sticks with me. Like, "you & tequila."
~ So, in my opinion group video was a complete toss up. Personally, I could've cared less who won. I'm not a fan of Lady A's new album, so this win was just so-so for me.
~ Eric Church, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Though... something was different last night. Was it the haircut? No mustache? A little more clean shaven? Either way, you're still a sexy beast who I can't wait to see again in concert. And this time, I will not drive so I can have a drink in my hand for a full 2 hours.
~ Very happy LB got some Male Video lovin' tonight. I would've loved to see Church get some love, but I think LB deserved it just a wee bit more.
~ "Somethin' bout a truck," is by far the sexiest summer song I've ever heard. It makes me want to wear a red sundress & go in the back of fiance's fam's corn fields and drink some beer... even though I don't drink beer. Trust me.
~ More Idols! This time, some youngin's! So that leaves us with 8 in total folks, 8!
Seriously. I would die if I was Carrie Underwood, no joke. She's the reason 99.9% of the time I want to go back to blonde. And if I had that body... hooo!
I have to admit, it was at this point I went to bed.
I got about 3 hours of sleep the night before and my body was screaming at me to go to bed.
Rumor has it Miranda won "Female Video" for "Over You." Kudos lady. That song means somethin' special.
Plus, I hear Carrie won video of the year, so we're good.
Things I was missing from the award show: some Australian hunka hunka lovin, Keith Urban.
Things I wasn't missing from the award show: Taylor Swift. Wazzup with that girl?
And that my friends, concludes this year's recap. Maybe one of these years I'll actually make it there...






No comments:
Post a Comment
Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo