Image Map

Thursday, September 13, 2012

These are my confessions....

I'm quite behind to this "confessions/if you knew me" party, but I'd like to consider it "fashionably late."
But, with that being said, let's get it on!

~ I get really claustrophobic in big crowds. For example, summerfest after a concert. I freak.out. This is something that's gotten worse as I've gotten older, hence why I also pass on any "bar nights" with the girls. It's too much for me to be that close to everyone and not have a clear shot at an exit. Makes my anxiety sky high. I chalk up being able to do it in college to the alcohol being consumed.

~ Thunder thighs is my name, not wearing shorts is the name of the game. I hate shorts. With a passion. More or less how my legs look in them. Between many years of soccer & even more of gymnastics, they are pure muscle. I am fully aware of that. It's just a mental thing. The hubby on the other hand, would prefer I show them off.

~ I wish I could be blonde 24/7, but my husband wallet doesn't approve of the cost. It was a good run.


~ After working with kids for the last 3 years, my swearing vocab is along the lines of: "jeepers creepers", "good golly," & "cheese its"! It also didn't help I worked at at a catholic school, so using the lord's name in vain, very frowned upon. "Oh mylanta!" [I get emails from an old co-worker and apparently some of my kiddos still use that one!] If I do swear, you'll know it's a big deal. Like last night, when I forgot my page long grocery list and had to go off memory. Ugh.

Speaking of those kiddos, I have kept every single picture any of them every drew me. Even scribbles.

~ I wear contacts 24/7. Never take them out. My doctor yelled at me big time last appointment, and the hubby makes a comment at least once a week. I am legally blind in one eye without them. Sorry, but if that fire alarm goes off or someone breaks in, I'd like to see where I'm going/what I'm doing. It's just my "thing."

~ Self proclaimed reading nerd right here. I go through at least 2 books a week. And they have to be real books. None of that nook shiz. Wait til I put up house pictures, you'll be dumbfounded at our my bookshelf. On that note; I have every single Baby Sitters Club & Sweet Valley book. I wanted to be a Wakefield so bad growing up. I also wanted to be a Tanner...but that's a story for another day.

~ Even bigger nerd-bomber alert: I wear a mouth guard. I clench my teeth horribly, especially when I'm stressed. However, it's a nifty little bugger as it's also used as a retainer for my lower teeth. That's another story in it's self, but when I can tell those lower teeth are shifting, that's when I wear it the most.

~ My furbaby, is my life. Long story short - I got him when he was 5 weeks old so I feel like his mama. On top of that, he's who I spend my 4 am - 6 pm days with since I'm currently jobless. We bond. Big time.
circa december 2010. he's bigger now. 

~ My internship in 2006 really stopped my Packer/Badger uber-fandom. I had to be neutral when we went to any of the games and I "trained" myself to not get too involved the years following as I thought that's what I was pursuing. It's still taking some time to dive back into it, but the Badger fan in me is back in full force! The Packer fan is taking longer.... due to behind the scenes issues I have [another day, another blog.]

~ Scrapbooking is my hobby. If I could get paid to scrapbook for somebody, I would snag that job in a minute. Currently it's on a bit of a standby as there's more important things for the cash flow to go towards. I tell my hubby we can live off pbj & mac. 

~ Once the temps drop under 70 degrees, I live in leggings. Whoever decided these were "out" in the mid-90's/early 2000's was seriously mistaken. I swear by LC Lauren Conrad Brand from Kohl's. Comfy, cheap, and live-inable. Go here to getcha own! LC Lauren Conrad Leggings

~ Crass women are the best women. I love me some Joy Behar, Kathy Griffin, and Chelsea Handler.

~ Marshalls, Target, and Kohl's are the devil. It's a miracle if I walk out of any of them empty handed. 

~ I could quote the following for days; Office Space, Dickie Roberts, Hangover, Role Models, Sweet Home Alabama, Dirty Dancing






xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo