Image Map

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reality TV Wrap up

I can list the number of scripted shows that I watch on both hands. The number of reality shows? Far more. It's what has consumed our television sets. It's cheaper, sometimes more entertaining, and you can connect to the "real people." At least, that's how it always seems. But at some point, the reality changes. The "stars" get money hungry, their previous reality has changed from that as kid off the street to uber-celebrity, they don't know what to do with their lives now that they have this new-found fame. Here's how I feel about some of these shows these days.

Dancing With The Stars: I honestly am only watching it this season for my favorite Packer, Donald Driver. And man, can he move! Did anyone doubt that? He's my pick to win [bias..yes,] but I think the "Cheesehead nation" can pull through for him. There isn't a celebrity on there otherwise who I'm interested in them. And this was the first season I didn't know some people, like the Cuban "hottie" and the British girl. Grip: Maria Menounos. Are we really getting hurt every single show? At this point, it's almost turned into a joke and I just wanna grab her through the TV and tell her to suck it up. Yes, this weeks chin injury looked like it hurt, and I'm sure it did so I'll give her a pass there. BUT... if a doctor is telling you NOT to dance, and you still choose to go through the hours of practice and compete, it's hard to have sympathy for you. I don't find it fair to praise you either. Just a personal grip I have.

American Idol: This show should have been over seasons ago. 10 would have been an awesome number to stop at. This season I'm not getting into at ALL. At this point, they all fall in the same categories: Country, Young one, Weirdo, Church kid, Adam Lambert wanna-be,etc, etc. Here's my thing with Idol, especially after last week. I'm sorry, but Jessica Sanchez should have gone home. Does she have a great voice? Yes. Of course. So did Pia. But when you're not connecting with the audience, or not picking the right songs, you should go home. Here's the bottom line; American Idol is the whole package. If you're looking for the best voice, you watch The Voice. Since day 1, Simon Cowell has gone on and on about how Idol is a package deal. Who looks like, sounds like, can be the most marketable next Idol. And the last two seasons, since they're now competing with The Voice, they're trying to tell America to focus on the vocal aspect, not the package. Sorry, it doesn't look like that. In all honesty, the only two on there who I can see as "Idol" material would be Skylar and Elise.They are the most marketable, the most diverse, the one's who will have music on the Top countdowns.
Here's my run-down of the rest of the contestants:
Adam Lambert, I mean, James Durbin, Colton: There's one every season. You can change the song as much as you like, you can wear as tight as pants as you like, but we already had 1 Adam Lambert and that was bad enough. Not a fan.
Elise:  She has such a maturity about her voice. Plus, she's good. She's blonde (not that that matters in the industry anymore), and she doesn't scream. I feel like a lot of her competition screams, she sings.
Hollie: I don't know what to think of her honestly. She seems to be gaining momentum after the last few weeks, but I'm still not drawn to her. Plus, she sang Adele and didn't amaze me. [ Ps, can people STOP singing Adele on reality shows?]
Jessica: Very much like Pia from last season. She has the pipes, isn't connecting. I think she'll go home this week. And I guarantee J.Lo will cry if it happens.
Joshua: Sigh. I have nothing nice to say. He has a good voice, yes. But he sounds the same every.single.week. And do we need to give him a standing ovation every.single.week? I'm not impressed.
Phillip: I'm not sure what to think of this cat either. He reminds me of Casey. He's very original, but also very much the same. I don't seen any growth with him, and honestly, most nights I end up muting his performances [ and others.]
Skylar: This girl, is a flippin' rockstar. Her voice may not be in the same category as Jessica or Elise's, but do you see the way she works the stage?! Anytime she's up there I just wanna yell out; "You go girl!" I think she's my pick to win it all. And even if she doesn't, country music will accept her with open arms. Expect a top 10 hit from this girl by end of summer/mid-fall.

Alright, that's all I got for now. I'm getting people confused and can't listen to any more music. I'll do "The Voice" and Housewives another day. Ciao Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo