Image Map

Monday, April 9, 2012

God's calling

I'm not an huge religious person. I believe in God, yes. But I don't belong to a church, I don't go unless it's a holiday, but I do believe in a God. Growing up, it wasn't that prominent in my lifestyle. I attended a Catholic college, and the last 3 years I worked at a Catholic school/daycare. During the last 3 years I've learned more about my religion and I've incorporated my religion into my life. And it's been during these last 3 years, I've felt like I've learned what God's purpose is for me.

First: my fiance. After we met [which is a story in itself,] we learned we met quite a few times before, but it never clicked. Truth be told, as much as you may meet someone in college, it's more a passing by as whatever you are doing in that moment, tends to be so much more important. In hindsight, it obviously wasn't as I can't even remember what I was doing at those places. Even with a friend's multiple attempts, it took us quite awhile to actually meet. I can honestly say, I think that's what sets us apart from any previous relationships. For a good month, we did nothing but text, and if anything, we formed a friendship. By the time we actually met in person, I felt like I'd known him for years. When he was gone all summer, texting and calling was the only way we communicated. We had to learn about each other besides the physical attraction. So many times in relationships, especially with the influence of the media, physical attraction is what draws people to each other. It's only after a physical relationship has been formed that they try to get to know each other and see if it works out. It really was a blessing that E and I got to know each other on an intellectual, moral, and interest level first. I think it's made us so much stronger and really formed a friendship before the relationship. It's what we go back to anytime there's a bump to get over.

Second, kids. Kids have always been a huge influence in my life. Since I've been young, I've wanted to be a stay at home mom, or have my own in-home daycare. Sure, there were times I strayed from that, did a little less babysitting and changed majors, but in the end, it's always come full circle to include kids in my life. Even in my last two years of college, I babysat on the weekends, and was a nanny during the week and in the summer. After college, I started at a daycare, and still babysat on the weekends. While I had many friends give me a hard time over babysitting for kids all night instead of going out drinking, I truly enjoyed it. Fast forward to the now. I left my job with the daycare, and honestly it's been hard. There's multiple levels of why, but what it comes down to is that I miss the kids. I thought subbing was in my cards, but as the last month has proven, it's not part of the plan. I was already pumped for my summer of being a nanny, when last night I got an opportunity I couldn't resist. Being an after school nanny. To me, the stars have now all aligned. Being with kids is something I'm meant to do. Whether in a big setting [school,] or a small setting [nanny.] Either way, I'm finally happy. And that's a blessing to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo