We're moving in 17 DAYS! If I had a "freak-out" face, I would insert it.... now.
This shouldn't seem like a big deal, right? Well... maybe it wouldn't be if every weekend until then wasn't booked. Apparently we didn't plan it out that great. Which means, I have been spending my days packing up boxes. Here's where THAT problemo comes in...
What do you still need in 17 days?
I've packed up obvious things; my purses [ I can live with my versatile MK for another month], snow clothes, some kitchen things we only use for hosting, guest bathroom stuff, and then I'm stuck. Granted, I won't wear every piece of clothing in my drawer/closet, but we're going for the whole "move the dresser drawers as is/ move the hangers in a trip" thing. So really... I'm kind of at a standstill with this whole "packing" thing.
However, the shopper in me is DYING to buy things we're obviously going to need. I already went crazy in the "wall art" section of Gordman's. Soon-to-be Hubby wasn't all that excited with my purchases, but I was. Honestly, E and I went and saw the place so long ago that I don't even remember what it looks like. We lay in bed this weekend asking each other questions such as;
"How many closets were in the master bedroom?"
"Were there any cabinets underneath the bathroom sink?"
"Did the pantry have shelves?"
"We have a dishwasher...right?"
^ could be a potential problem.. At least we made decision to go in on Friday and re-look things over. But, the reason for this post [can you tell I'm a rambler?] I was thinking about us needing to shop for cleaning stuff, and I realized, we also need to shop for fridge stuff. We're going to have a bare fridge.
While E and I have our weekend grocery shopping trips [blog for another time - LOVE grocery shopping together,] there's always the necessities you don't think about. Wanna grab some ketchup for that burger? Some jelly for that sammy? Syrup? Butter? They're things you don't really think to grab on a shopping trip unless a recipe calls for them. E is a huge sour cream fan. Me. Not so much. But I don't think to get it from the store unless it's Taco Tuesday - like tonight, or a dip calls for it. Same with cream cheese. If my baking needs it, so be it. Otherwise, it's not on the weekly grocery list.
So, here's the necessity list I came up with:
* Butter
* Salad Dressing [ specifically hidden valley ranch ]
* Mayo
* Ketchup
* Pickles
* Syrup
* Baking Powder [ gotta have a good smellin' fridge!]
And here's where your feedback comes in. What else?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo