Image Map

Monday, April 7, 2014

NEW HOUSE!

Friends. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I finally was able to spill the beans on Friday....

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!

We finally took the next big step into this whole "adult" thing and signed our names into years of debt. 



Don't we look so happy to have done so?!

This is something that has been in the works since CHRISTMAS folks, and Mr made me promise to keep my big mouth shut. Well, I tried, I really really did. I only managed to tell a few people, besides our families.

So, back story! We started house hunting around the beginning of November, specifically looking for a foreclosed home. In the area we were looking, it didn't give us many options. We fell in love with the location of one, only to go see it and were beyond disgusted. There was mold growing everywhere inside the house. It was so bad that my allergies acted up within 5 minutes of us walking on the main level.

We saw our house the second week of December. Honestly, neither of us were crazy about it, but Mr made an appointment for a showing just to "cross it off the list." We walked in with very negative attitudes about it, trying to find every reason possible why we wouldn't like it. The location, where we sure we wanted to be here. It was not a floor plan we had in mind at all. The list kept going and going.

Obviously, that changed. The minute we walked in, we both started singing a different tune. And by the time we left, we sat in the car, looked at each other and smiled. We both said we could picture our kids running through the halls, we could picture watching our nightly shows on a couch together, we could imagine hosting bbq's in the backyard and Badger and Packer parties in the basement. It was the one.

We put a bid in the next day. And by the first week of January, it was ours. But the kicker, we would not close until April. UGH. The wait was forever long to be honest. And those 3 months gave us time to plan out our remodels, pick out the exact furniture we wanted for the ho use, and make everything perfect.






There is so much to still be done to this little baby, but it's ours, and we get to do whatever we want! So this is your warning - this blog will be "house filled" for the next little while. Just while we make it our home.

7 comments:

  1. Eeeeeek!!!!!! So darn excited for you guys!!!! =D =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome, and kuddos to you for keeping a secret this long. I would have died if I had to keep one, especially about a house that long.

    I can't wait to see everything you guys do to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, CONGRATS! This is soooooo exciting! I can't wait to see the inside! And I can't wait until we finally find the home that we just know is THE ONE for us! Soooo happy for you guys!
    Why did you have to wait until April to close? Because it was a foreclosure or short sale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Bring on the house-filled posts!!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! Being a homeowner is so amazing, I know you're going to love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO happy for you, Cayla!! I know how badly you've been wanting a house and it happened!! All in God's time :) Congratuatlions..it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo