Image Map

Friday, April 25, 2014

5 for Friday, a little different.

I was re-reading Erin's post about her "theme" for 2014 and got hit with a hard dose of reality. Lately I have been struggling with finishing things. I set goals for myself, and I let life get in the way. And while sometimes I can breath and tell myself that happens, it's happening far too often.

My goal to lose 10 pounds by the time Mr was done traveling? We're 2 months in, I've stopped going to the gym.

My desire to participate in #100happydays. Stopped after day 6.

The goal to finish my 2011 scrapbook and my wedding scrapbook? Haven't touched either.

So, here I am, holding myself accountable. Because I've let life get in the way too much, and even though I'm enjoying life, I need to do things for me. And that starts today. With a "5 for Friday" with the best accomplishment of that day.

M. I hung curtains (okay, Mr did), and completely finished putting together my kitchen.

T. Finally went through all my clothes. My younger cousin is getting a 14 gallon tote filled with clothes. And two more bags off to Goodwill. As my mom, husband, and bff said... about time! 

W. Had a successful first day back with the Kinderkiddos and stayed on task with ALL my lesson plans -- a first in quite awhile! 

TH. When all my co-workers went out for dinner, I made the "lame" choice of choosing to stay at school and finish all of my lesson plans for the next week AND Cinco de Mayo. My class is 1/4 hispanic, so I wanted to make sure I didn't just make it a "normal" day.

F. That I did not have to rush to get ready today. It was a long, long day yesterday with Mass and the school Art Fair, but I made it a point to wake up extra early to take my car in, and still make it to school before the bell rings. Mission, accomplished.


There. Five things I accomplished this week. That feels pretty good, not gonna lie. This just might become a weekly check-in. Now. Dance.















2 comments:

  1. Hey Cayla!! Super cute song, in a good way lol!! :D And I too need to seriously re asses my goals and organization skills.. I mean it's spring for cryin' out loud lol!

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got this girl!! it's SO hard to accomplish all we want to do, and I'm still struggling to stick with my theme, but I'm hanging on by a thread ;) Way to go getting up early and rocking your morning!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo