Image Map

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A weekend of painting

As you saw yesterday, Mr and I bought a house!

This past weekend was spent moving boxes, and painting to get rid of the old colors in the house. We did some touch up painting around the house where there were nicks in the walls, and decided to do our Master Bath in stages.

Did I mention I'm also throwing in a weekend recap too?

Friday:  We closed on the house first thing in the morning. I have never signed my name that many times!! We then headed straight to Menards to get all the things we could possibly need for the day. Which basically meant throwing random things in the cart. "We need this." "We might have a use for this." "This could come in handy." Sorry credit card. Once we got to the house, it was time to tape off the rooms we wanted to paint and move all sorts of boxes. Dinner for the "first night in our new house," pizza and champs, duh.



Saturday: Bright and early was our wake up call so that we could get going! We painted the basement, and both guest rooms. The guest rooms were originally blue and yellow. We went with a neutral grey since we're not completely sure what we're going to use those rooms for yet.

Before

After


Before

After


Our basement is another "huge" remodel. Right now it's 85% wood panel on the walls. This summer, Mr will be tearing it down and installing good old drywall. We went ahead and painted what we wanted down there, instead of a pea soup green, and still plan on utilizing the room until then. 

Before: Pea Soup Green

After


We finished up around 5, and decided to head out to dinner before the Badger game.

Man. It was a heartbreaker. I can honestly say I had serious knots in my stomach before tip-off, and could barely sit still. I paced the floor the last 3 minutes. Mr said he's never seen that side of me before... ha! Was I upset they lost? No. They made it to the Final Four. The first time since 1993! And they will go next year, I'm calling it now. So, adios all you bandwagon and fairweather fans. We won't miss you.

#inbrustwetrust
Sunday:  We ended our weekend moving the rest of the boxes over to the new house. Lunch break for Noodles, of course! I could live off their Buttered Noodles...mmmmyum!  What did y'all think of the ACM awards?? Any surprises? Super happy anyone won?



3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Look at all the progress you made! That's awesome! The after shots are waaaay better. Love love love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pizza and champs was our first meal in our house too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo