Image Map

Monday, April 21, 2014

Hello, vacation.

Okay, not a real vacation. But when you're a teacher and you have a 5 day weekend, you take it for all it's worth! Did I mention it's nowhere near a vacation since we moved this weekend? Yup. I'm sure my "day off" will consist of organizing my walk-in closet, and or unpacking boxes. There's a good chance a few naps will be thrown in there too.Maybe some "Dance Mom" marathons.

Our Friday started at the house, where we made the last minute decision to get rid of the puke green in the bathroom and replace it with a dark grey. It really makes the white backsplash above the top just pop! We also completely unpacked kitchen and bedroom boxes and did a bit of decorating, which finally makes it feel like home. YES!

Saturday we were up by 6:30 to move all the furniture. We were fortunate enough to not only have both our families help, but some friends as well. My Step-Grandparents brought over lunch for everyone, and my MIL brought us a housewarming cake.

About 3, everyone took off and Mister and I started to hang some pictures on the wall. We ended up getting ready and took off to the Easter Vigil at the school I teach at. Completely forgot how long the Mass was and 2 hours and 20 minutes later, you'd think we'd be ready for bed... but instead we had a hard time saying "no" and joined friends out for drinks afterwards.

Easter Sunday we slept in a little later then usual, like 9, and then I started Easter dinner. Yup, our first Easter in our house! My Mom came over, and brought Casanova with her. He sure wasn't thrilled with the place. But honestly, he did MUCH better then the apartment. Last night he didn't have the best night, but I got up and paced with him. Hopefully he'll be all good when I go back to work later this week!

Okay, the best part; pictures!

Totally blurry, but the best of 3!

Easter Dinner!

 
Mr took advantage of the 78* weather!

So did Chunk.




5 comments:

  1. Aww, moving weekend! So exciting & sounds like you've made great progress in unpacking! And your first holiday in your new home is in the books!
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for moving!!! Unpacking is always the craptastic part of a move - we still have things in boxes and we have been in our house for 12 years!!! Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I am your newest follower.
    Happy moving to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! So exciting! Poor Chunk, he'll get used to it and love it I'm sure! Your table on Easter Sunday... so cute!! Love how you decorated each place setting!! =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayy for the first holiday in your new place!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo