It's hard to believe that another school year has passed so quickly. This year's class was a bit difficult at first, and definitely more trying. They were a younger class, and it took me a lot of adjustment to remember to take the time to walk through steps that in years previous were already known.
But as always, I am grateful. Grateful for the opportunity to better my teaching skills, and to better me as a person. There are so many things I learned from each kid that I know I will carry with me for the rest of my teaching career. Humor, Compassion, Humility, Patience, a positive attitude... all of these kids and their lives somehow influence the way I continue teaching.
Last week was the start of summer vacation, and I was totally a blob on a log... just for a few days, promise! But it also starts my summer "to-do", slash bucket list. Last year my list was just full of new and creative ideas for my classroom and curriculum. This year, with a lot of convincing from teacher friends, I've let the reins go to focus on baby. Truth be told, I won't be back in my classroom until at least November. Sure, I may stop in for a meeting or two at the beginning of the year, but I completely keeping my hands out of it.
Instead, this bucket list is, well, frankly, all about me. Things I want to do and/or accomplish before baby gets here. I am fully aware that you can still live life after a baby joins the family, but I also know your priorities change a bit!
+ Finish my 2011 scrapbook.
+ Finish the nursery
+ Pack hospital bags
+ Read 8 books, outside, in the sunshine, and just relax.
+ Summerfest, as long as it's not too hot so I don't swell like a whale.
+ Re-organize our kitchen. What's worked now, won't work with baby stuff.
+ Pool days with friends
+ Lunch dates with friends
+ Random day date with husband
+ Brewer game with husband
+ Soak up Chunk time... to be honest, I'm starting to worry how he's going to take another human in the house. I'm also fully aware it's going to be an adjustment for him and want to make sure he still feels welcome in our house.
And last, to just enjoy summer and all the time we have before our family of 3, becomes a family of 4!
I love your list :) I think it's smart to fit in some YOU time and some personal things too before lil miss gets here. Like you said, of course life will continue on -but it'll be different so might as well enjoy this phase now! So excited for you friend :)
ReplyDelete