Easter was an awesome weekend for us. We got to spend it with family, checked things off our "to do before baby" list, watching an amazing Badger win, enjoyed the sunshine...like I said, just awesome.
Friday: We chose to forego the Fish Fry crowds, and instead made dinner at home. Our Friday's nights have turned quite boring as we normally watch the Friday night lineup on ABC.... we love us some SharkTank.
Saturday: Super early wake up time, due mainly in fact to serious butterflies for the Wisconsin/Kentucky game. I did some "wifely duties" and made my husband breakfast, and then we bit the bullet and finally did our taxes. I think it's safe to say neither of us were happy with the outcome, but it is what it is.
We then headed into Madison to finish our baby registry. There were a few things we needed to see in person to know just what to register for, and we definitely crossed almost everything off the list. We're still trying to figure out the crib/dresser/glider situation, but we have a few weeks! The goal is to figure all that out by Mother's Day weekend.
Once we got back home, we started to mess around in the yard a bit. Chunk's new thing is to start to see if he likes the grass. Well, the answer is yes. Especially if E is out there. Then he doesn't stop him from doing anything. So that meant Chunk went all the way to the tree line, and decided to try and climb the trees. When all the sudden I see him just leaping down the hill, meowing his head off, because someone got sap all over his front paws. It honestly took E and I about 45 minutes to even get a good amount of that sap off. I, of course had panic attack about it, but luckily it's almost all gone now! Phew.
Saturday night, was by far, one of the best experiences of my life. My Badgers, beat Kentucky. Not by a point. Not by the skin of their teeth. They beat them in one of the best games I have ever seen in my lifetime of being a fan. Those last 45 seconds of basketball made Baby Bean go crazy, and I didn't spare a single happy tear.
Easter: Can I say, this was the most low-key Easter we've had and I loved every second of it? My family doesn't care for Ham, and so we took advantage of the gorgeous day and E grilled out. My Mom and brother came over and we just enjoyed our time outside together. We also got quite sentimental realizing just how different our holidays would be next year so we made sure to take quite a few pictures!



Oh my goodness, you look amazing! I LOVE that dress!!!!!!! :) sounds like a fun weekend.
ReplyDelete