Image Map

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

ACM Awards thoughts

One of my favorite times of the year is here... country music award season! The ACM's and the CMA's are by far, the best award shows in my book. I could care less about the Grammys, the Oscars, the Emmys... none of those spark my interest. But country music? That's where my heart is.

Favorite Moments: 

The milestone performances. Garth, Reba, George, Brooks and Dunn! Even the non-milestone ones, like Martina, seeing Randy Travis, even Kenny.... it was nice to see some actual country performances instead of the new bro-country.




Eric Church opening the award show. I have been a Church fan since "2 pink lines," back in 2006. I said then, and I still say now, this man is true country roots country. To see him open the show, with one of his best songs from "Sinners like me," definitely made the show for me. Heck, even seeing Church more then once during the show was a treat in itself!



Lee Brice winning Single of the Year. So nice to see this guy get some recognition in the industry! This was a pleasant surprise on a night that seemed to follow the same pattern of the last few years. Sidenote; his tribute to Randy Travis was pretty dang amazing too.




Least Favorite Moments:

-  That Entertainer of the Year is still fan voted. I don't agree with this format, and honestly don't think it makes the wins as "exciting" as they use to be years ago. It doesn't keep me glued into the end as a viewer, and I don't care who wins because they have a million twitter followers.

- How disorganized the whole show seemed. There were multiple times the camera was just all over the place, nobody knew where to look, and it didn't seem to flow together.

- Best New Artist. Again, this fan voted business. Besides "Best Male Artist," this is the one I was most upset with.

- Blake and Luke. Not that they were "hosting," but can you even call it "hosting?" I at least expected a monologue and we didn't even get that.

- How it was, yet again, the Miranda show. I understand Automatic was a great album, but there were so many other amazing artists in all her category's.

- Yet again, this award show only proved there need to be more women in country music.

- Oh yeah, no Carrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo