Image Map

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Week 23 Bumpdate

We've been taking those beautiful bumpdate pictures since week 17, and I figured it was finally time to share them. I still feel like I'm "adjusting" to being pregnant, especially it seems when we do these pictures. When I look in the mirror, I feel my body is adjusting just fine. I feel good, and confident, and that I'm "glowing," all that pregnancy stuff you're suppose to feel.

Then we take these pictures and it never fails I end up in tears, scared how I'm going to get any bigger.  Yes, I'm fully aware I'm growing a human, and that the body does wondrous things when pregnant, but it is still an adjustment. I think that is normal for anyone to feel, no matter what their situation.



How far along: 23 weeks. Officially 6 months! We have 3 months-ish left of this journey and that is a huge reality check!

Baby size: This week baby is the size of a grapefruit! We had our follow-up on Monday and baby was officially 1 pound!

Weight gain: This is a tough one. So far, every time I've gone in I've lost weight, or gained back a pound. The complete opposite of what's suppose to happen in pregnancy! I'd say we're maybe at 5/6 pounds by now. It is nice knowing this bump is pretty much all baby!

Stretch marks: None so far! Thanks to the wonder that I talked about on Friday!

Sleep: Comes and goes. Takes forever to fall asleep. Then as soon as I do, I have to go to the bathroom. And when it feels like I finally fall asleep again, alarms go off. Oh well!

Gender: We do know, and we got 100% re-confirmation on Monday. Just keeping it quiet a little while longer :)

Movement:  Starting to! I've felt the first flutters at week 14, and have been feeling non-stop wiggling since week 18. We had our first actual kicks Wednesday morning, and WOW! What a feeling :) Now we're just waiting for E to feel them!

Food cravings: This week, Root Beer Floats. I have been trying really hard to not drink any pop this pregnancy, and this is the only thing that's broken that. Otherwise, just loads of fruit. That's the only thing I've craved the entire pregnancy. Gimme all the oranges, strawberries, plums, and granny smith apples!

What I miss: Subs! Suuuuubs. All I wanted for a month straight was a Turkey Sub. Thank gosh my hospital has a subway in it ;)

Symptoms: Stretching and tightness in my belly. My fingers have been swollen the last few mornings when I wake up, but by the time I'm ready for the day, they're normal again.

Belly button: Still an innie! Lots of pressure there, so I'm not sure if it's starting to push out or if someone really likes hanging out in that spot...

Wedding Ring: On!

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful my friend! :) You def have the glow!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo