Friday; Another long day of school, however my kiddos have been on a roll when it comes to their little funny quotes. As school was winding down, I had one of my more quiet kids come over to my desk. He gave me the daily hug he gives me and then goes, "Did you know porcupines aren't made of pork?" I giggled the rest of the school day. When I got home, Mr and I decided to finally put holes in our walls, yay! For dinner, I tried to make meatloaf, but kinda burned it. Thank gosh Mr was such a good sport about it. Our night ended falling asleep on the couch watching "The Goldbergs" Love that show.
Saturday; Someone, not me, wanted to be up at the crack of dawn. But at least we woke up to sunshine! After 5 long days of rain... And then we headed to Home Depot... yay? We spent 2 hours there. Mowers, grills, weed eaters, hoses... way too many choices for my liking. We headed back to our house by noonish to meet Mr's brother for lunch. He ended up staying for awhile and helped Mr put together the lawn mower and other things... which worked out perfect for me! After some yard work, we got all dolled up and decided to go see "Draft Day," but not before me holding Mr to his promise of "30 minutes in Target and Marshalls for every hour in Home Depot." SCORE!
"Draft Day," was awesome! We both really, really enjoyed it and it gave such an interesting view into the world of the NFL. I'm sure not all of it was true, but it was still intense. Though, as cool as it was the University of Wisconsin had the overall draft pick athlete, I can promise you no athletes from here are as douchey as that guy was.. ;)
![]() |
| Mr brought me breakfast in bed.. what a keeper ;) |
![]() |
| softest errands running shirt ever! |
Sunday; Another day, more holes in the wall. Mr did some yardwork, and Casanova decided he needed to join him. Mister scaredy cat not only went onto the patio, but the rocks, and the grass. And he hasn't shut up all day to go back out. Thanks husband. I did some grocery shopping, and decided to take a detour and snag this gorgeous purse from Target. I had a hard time picking between the pink and the mint, but I'm a pink girl, all the way. I also went back and looked at a purse I found at Marshalls yesterday and may have to splurge on that one next month. Shhhhh... don't tell Mr... The night ended with making all my kiddos some watermelon cupcakes as a reward for having everyone on green or above last week! Yipee!
![]() |
| watermelon, yummmm! |
Happy Cinco de drinko everyone. xx.






Have I mentioned how much I love that we have the same wall decor? =) Sounds like a very productive weekend! Drooling over the hot pink purse!!!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously- having a house is sooo time-consuming. Sometimes I don't want one, haha - they are so much work! Glad you guys had a good, productive weekend though!! :)
ReplyDelete