Image Map

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ride this chevy, down a little back road

My husband [LOVE saying that!] is currently obsessed with the above song.
Meaning, whatever I'm listening to for dinner...gets turned off for some Aldean.
I can't complain. He didn't even listen to country when I met him!

I told myself I wasn't going to blog today until I accomplished a TON on the to-do list.
Well, my body said, screw it.
Between the extreme hot flashes, the sore everything, and the contacts killing me, I could only be peppy for so many phone calls. Plus, I really don't feel like running to the bank for a money order.
Did I mention I haven't found a bank since we moved?
So my bank, is still 40 minutes away?
Not feeling well + not wanting to waste gas for one errand = throwing in the chore towel.

So instead, I'm surfing the web for places to hold a baby shower!
See, one of my bestest's is preggo.
And one of my other bestests & I are all about throwing showers.



We've gone through tons together. Badger games, drinking until we can't stand up,   vegas trips, weddings,  roommate days, puking in sinks together, and many many late night convos in our awesome bunk beds.
[ True story: We shared a room our soph year of college....that was way smaller then the guy said... meaning, we could only fit bunk beds in our room. HOLLA.]


Our weekend we tried to keep as low-key as possible, which did and didn't happen.
Friday - I stayed in and messed around on my new nook, while hubby went next door [literally] to watch the high school football game. When he got home, he decided to see if the Keurig worked and within 15 minutes, proceeded to figure it out, drink a cup of black coffee, and fall asleep.
I mean really?! Brat.
Saturday - Errands it was! We did some target, some marshalls, some groceries, and then home. And while I went through all the wedding pictures trying to figure out how to put them on a CD, hubby napped. From 1 until 5.
Again...I mean really?!
However, that meant he was wide awake and we actually had somewhat of a "date" night.
I made some AWESOME maple chicken [ recipe here.]
We just used regular breasts [I just giggled like a 5 year old...], and decided to make the salsa later.
Definitely went in the "make again" box we have.
With full bellies, we watched the following;



I had a hard time agreeing to watch this, but eventually gave in.
See, I am obsessed with the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich.
As in, have all of them, and re-read through the whole series the month prior to a new release.
So I am VERY picky about what the characters look like in the book. 
Had a few issues, maybe for another post, but overall, I enjoyed it. The hubz laughed more then me! 

Sunday - Grandma's 80th birthday brunch! 
I'm just yappin' away at this point, so I will just photo dump it for y'all. 

[ no joke....that was like, take 9 with the great-grandkids.]

[ my little cousin, insistent on taking funny face pics. And after each, "I'm SO funny", with hysterical laughing]

I don't know about you guys, but I am so ready for this weekend! Every day is jammed packed and I can't wait to spend it with so many of our family and friends. C'mon Friday!!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo