Today, I just wanted to sum up how the past 4 months have gone and how we told everyone. We completely spaced on our bump date picture this week due to the excitement of the Badger games and being out of town, but I can't wait to start sharing!
Why did we keep it a secret for so long? Well, we wanted to be safe, I guess. All my life I've had issues down there, and any time my doctor and I have talked about pregnancy, the words ectopic pregnancy have come up. We really wanted to make it to the 12 week mark, and then the 16 week mark, just to make sure everything was okay. With my previous health issues,
How did I tell E? The perks of where we live is that there is an outlet mall 5 minutes from us. I ended up finding the sweetest pajama set to give him. To say he was thrilled.... wow. As I mentioned, it has been a rough few months for us and this was truly a blessing from God that things were going to turn around.
How we told our parents; The fact that we found out and got confirmation right before Christmas made it even more special! We got my Mom a "Grandma's house" basket with all sorts of baby odds and ends. For my Dad, a "Grandpa and Me" frame. For E's parents, we got them a little John Deere farming buddy shirt and a sign about being a Grandma. They were all just over the moon for this little bean!
When did the bump appear?
Not until week 17! I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest. All I know is I spent the weekend just complaining to E how fat I felt! How I felt so bloated, my stomach hurt, just a ton of complaining (poor guy!), and when I woke up Monday morning.... well, baby appeared.
How am I feeling? I'll touch more on this later this week, but guys, I have zero complaints. I feel horrible saying that, but I have been feeling wonderful. I've been exhausted, no lie, but that is finally starting to subside.
Prince or Princess? We know, we're just kind of keeping that quiet as well. E isn't 100% on board from the ultrasound, but we'll see how much longer he wants to fight it ;)
I am so excited to be back to blogging to keep this special time in our memories. Thank you all for your love!!

So exciting! Love the little bump!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwww how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think its always smart to wait to announce, to feel like its more "safe" :) I'm still SO excited for you guys. I feel like telling grandparents/parents will be the best part...you know, other than telling the husband ;)
ReplyDeleteSeriously SO happy for you sweet friend!! And I'm SO glad to hear how well you're feeling! That is amazing :)
ReplyDelete