Image Map

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What's it to you?



This whole blogging thing is so weird, isn't it? Since I started my "big girl job," I find myself missing it some days. Missing my relationships with other bloggers, the long emails, the g-chats over lunch hours, everything about it in general. I miss it for the creative outlet. The want to remember every memory and need to write it down outlet.

You know what that's been lately people? Sleep. Sleep has taken over my life.


Even our weekends. I use to get so mad at Mr. when he'd come home on the weekends and just want to sleep. Well, now our roles are completely reversed. You know what I did this weekend? Slept, seriously. We went to our family cabin Friday night, I was in bed by 10. I'm normally squeezing every ounce of family time I can out of our short time together, and instead a bed just sounded amazing. And Saturday and Sunday? Still slept. Napped the whole way home from the cabin. Napped the day away Sunday when I said I was going to be in my classroom working. Oops.

Tonight I should be tackling that huge stack of papers I brought home. I should be finding Halloween Literacy center ideas. But instead all I can think about is how soon I can go to bed.

Guys. Last week I chose sleep over Nashville and Grey's. If you know me, that's kind of a big deal.

So where am I going with this rambling? I'm not quite sure honestly. All I know is I use to come to my Dashboard to catch up on my friend's lives, and it was a sweet way to relax after a long day in the classroom. But lately? Lately all I see is sponsored this, sponsored that. I'm not even talking about guest posting sponsors, I'm talking about straight up product endorsement. Out of all the blogs I read today, I could count on both hands the number that were written straight up for the love of blogging from the heart. And that honestly made me sad. I feel like I must be missing something, be out of the "loop" at this point. To put it bluntly, it doesn't make me feel like blogging is something I want to come back to.

But then. I think about some of the amazing relationships I've made, some of the emails I get daily, some of your lives changing so much (babies and weddings and houses, oh my!), and I would be so sad to miss out on that.

So I guess what I'm saying, is excuse my only posting once a week, or even every few weeks. I won't have anything to endorse, I may not have a fun weekend to talk about, but i will give you pure no holds barred writing. If that's still your thing, I'll be glad to see you stick around :)



5 comments:

  1. I would rather read one good post every few weeks instead if sponsorship bs one a week. I'm glad it's not just me who feels this way. Good post lady. Get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sponsored stuff is DEF way too much and it's everywhere. While I do an occasional product review/promo, I try to keep it to ONE a month and even then I always post on a weekend. My blog is still about my life and I want yours to be about YOU! I'll be here whenever you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do any of that stuff (sponsors) I simply live reading and getting to know bloggers :) I will always follow your blog! Sleep as much as u need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I miss you! And I enjoy reading your blog about YOU, and your job & life & love &...sleeping. lol And I agree, if people are going to do sponsored posts they should only do then maybe once a week (if they do a lot) or less than. Get's outta control sometimes.

    Ohhh annnnd, THANKS. because I'm now singing...

    Love is a rhythm of two hearts beating, poundin out a message, steady & true.
    Talk to me baby, tell me what you're feelin..
    I know what love is,...what's it to you?
    (I was only gonna do the first line, but couldn't stop)
    Clay Walker for the win & that's my favorite of his! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I see a post about guest posts or sponsors I usually scroll right past it. I'm not interested in that stuff. I want to know about what's going on in YOUR life. It's totally okay to just post when you can. We'll be here when you do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo